Evoluent VerticalMouse D
VMD improvements compared to VMC and VM4
Grooved buttons for fingertips improve grip. This is a significant innovation protected by Intellectual Property Rights. The improvement does not look very different but you notice it much better with a VMD mouse in your hand.
2. A new laser sensor type improves tracking. The dpi values of VMD are higher than those of VMC and VM4.
Laser of VMD projects a pin-size beam while lasers of VM4 and VMC project a wide and scattered light beam.
Wide and scattered light beams do not work on some surfaces while a pin-size beam provides reliable tracking on most surfaces.
- VMD: 800, 600, 2400 and 3200 dpi
- VMC: 600,1200,1800 and 2400 dpi
- VM4: 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 dpi
3. 3 mouse sizes of VMD compared to 1 size of VMC and 2 sizes of VM4. Mouse users will find suitable Evoluent mouse sizes easier than earlier.
The sizes small and medium are already available for VMD and later there will be the size L too.
4. Magnetic cover of battery compartment and receiver storage. Magnetic cover is easier to open and close than earlier covers.
5. Stylish new looks.
World's First Mouse with Grooved Buttons
Your fingertips rest in a shallow groove on the buttons. This patented innovation secures the mouse in your hands and makes moving it much more precise.
Avoids Forearm Twisting For Comfort
The ergonomic shape supports your hand in a handshake position. Since 2002, users continue to report that Evoluent VerticalMouse provides superior comfort and even relieves their wrist pain.
Extended Lip Prevents Rubbing
An extra wide lip along the bottom edge prevents the last finger from rubbing the desk.
Easy-To-Reach Thumb Buttons
Smartly-placed thumb buttons are both within easy reach at the top and bottom of a contoured thumb rest.
Adjustable Pointer Speed
A speed button behind the wheel allows convenient adjustment without releasing your grip from the mouse.
Pointer Speed Indicators
Up to four lights show pointer speeds from low to high.
The dpi values are 800, 1600, 2400 and 3200 dpi.
A new laser sensor type that projects a pin-size beam ensures a more reliable tracking on most surfaces.
The battery compartment is behind a magnetic cover. The receiver may be stored behind the same cover too.
There are more mouse sizes than earlier, namely three: small, medium and large.
▪ VerticalMouse D Small / VerticalMouse D Medium / VerticalMouse D Large Wireless (large coming later)
▪ VMDS / VMDM / VMDL
▪ USB cable for full size USB Type-A port. Requires adapter (not included) for USB Type-C port on some
▪ VerticalMouse D Small Wireless / VerticalMouse D Medium Wireless / VerticalMouse D Large Wireless (large coming later)
▪ VMDSW / VMDMW / VMDLW
▪ 1 AA battery, included. Battery life is a few months with typical office use.
▪ USB receiver for full size USB Type-A port. Requires adapter (not included) for USB Type-C port on some
Compatibility of all models
▪ Includes driver for Windows 7 and newer versions to configure the button functions. The driver is optional but
highly recommended. VerticalMouse still has basic functionality without the driver.
▪ Includes driver for OS X 10.5 and newer to configure the button functions. The driver is optional but highly
recommended. VerticalMouse has basic functionality without the driver. Some functions of the Windows driver
are not in the Mac driver.
Other Operating Systems
▪ Fixed button functions without a driver. Third party drivers may be available from other vendors.
11047 Evoluent VerticalMouse VMDS right, wired, small
11045 Evoluent VerticalMouse VMDM right, wired, medium
11048 Evoluent VerticalMouse VMDSW right, wireless, small
11046 Evoluent VerticalMouse VMDMW right, wireless, medium